Friday, May 8, 2009

FFQF: End of the Republic

Favorite Founding Father's Quote Day



FFQF: Founding Fathers Quote Friday

I really can't make a comment on today's quote. It explains itself truthfully and simply.

Benjamin Franklin – capitalist, entrepreneur, scientist, philosopher, genius – stated:
“When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.”
Essential Question: How can a quotation from one of the founding fathers be used to engender a conversation in the classroom on current events and the long-term effect of those events?

FFQF is inspired by Meet the Founding Fathers blog.

1 comment:

Hercules Mulligan said...

Wow. Great quote. I guess I don't really have much to comment on it either, except that Franklin was absolutely right. Our republic is ending, if it's not already a sort of pseudo-republic.

I'm sorry I didn't get to your post sooner, and I'm sorry I didn't participate in FFQF this week. I've been away from home and very busy over the past week or so. But, I hope to have a post up for tomorrow!

Thanks for participating in my absence. Happy FFQF!